I love having chia pudding for breakfast because it keeps me energized all day long. The best part about breakfast is that it’s the perfect time to indulge in sweets, because your body will burn up the sugar throughout the day. This raw chia pudding recipe is so deliciously sweet, creamy, and chocolatey! Its protein, vitamins, and minerals make it the ideal breakfast or morning snack.
Chia seeds are a superfood with so many benefits. For instance, they’re a powerhouse of protein, fiber, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. This raw chia pudding combines the power of chia seeds with protein packed almonds and the superfood cacao.
The almonds in the almond butter and milk are a great source of protein, vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. They can help control weight, blood sugar and blood pressure, manage cholesterol, and protect the heart.
Cacao is chocolate in its raw form. It’s rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. It can help improve blood circulation and brain function. It can lower blood pressure and decrease the risk of heart attack and stroke. The minerals found in cacao can elevate mood and fight symptoms of depression. It can even help you lose weight!
In short, this recipe contains everything you need to start your day off on the right foot.
Chocolatey Chia Pudding
- Mix chia seeds, almond milk, 1 tbsp maple syrup or other sweetener, and vanilla.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Stir again and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
The next morning
- Mix in 1 tbsp cacao powder, almond butter, and banana.
- Mix coconut oil with 1 tbsp cacao powder and 1 tbsp sweetener to create the chocolate drizzle.
- Top pudding with extra almond butter, sliced banana, chocolate drizzle, and cacao nibs.