This raw pineapple cauliflower “fried rice” is sure to hit the spot on those days when you just can’t decide between sweet and savory.
It’s weird how my taste in food and cravings have changed since adopting a primarily raw diet. I used to get intense cravings for very specific foods that were really hard to satisfy. It was like my body knew it needed certain nutrients, but didn’t know where to find them. Since I’ve been eating a large variety of raw foods, my cravings are much less intense and much less specific. If I have cravings now, it’s for a really broad category of foods, like salt or greens or something. It’s pretty amazing, and honestly very freeing. I no longer feel like food has control over me.
Of course, none of this is to say that I don’t still love all of my old favorite foods. And if there’s one type of cuisine I never get tired of, it’s anything Asian! So instead of bogging myself down with oily fried rice, I decided to put a raw twist on an old classic. I love the contrast of the savory sauce with sweet little bursts of pineapple. So good!
I like to use Bragg Liquid Aminos in place of soy sauce (hashtag not sponsored). It tastes exactly like traditional soy sauce or soy sauce substitutes, but it has way less sodium and more nutrients.
So without further ado, here’s my Asian influenced, totally raw, pineapple cauliflower “fried rice.”
Raw Pineapple Cauliflower "Fried" Rice
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped snow peas
- 1/8 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos (sub tamari or nama shoyu)
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/8 tsp garlic power
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (sup sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (optional)
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until rice-like consistency and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Pulse carrot in a food processor and add to bowl.
- Combine remaining base ingredients in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients and combine with base.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.