This raw spaghetti dish is a nutritious, protein packed meal. You can even improve the nutritional value further by sprouting the nuts and seeds beforehand. Either way, this savory, slightly sweet, raw vegan “meat” sauce is your zoodles’ robust soulmate.
This recipe boasts a powerful combination of superfoods, including walnuts, pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic, and beet root. The hearty sauce pairs so well with the fresh, crisp zucchini noodles. A match made in Raw Food Heaven!
- 2 yellow zucchini
- 2 tbsp diced beet root
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/8 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 pitted date
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried fennel seed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh Italian herbs for garnish
- Spiralize your zucchini and pat with a towel to remove excess moisture. Lightly salt and set aside.
- Add dry ingredients first to a food processor and pulse them together.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend into a chunky sauce.
- Toss zucchini noodles with sauce and garnish with an optional sprinkling of fresh Italian herbs.